The majority of our dogs and cats come from animal control facilities with high euthanasia rates. We focus on facilities in Illinois when possible. These facilities must euthanize for space regardless of whether an animal is adoptable or not. Additionally, we accept strays and sometimes, owner surrenders.
- Puppies (8 weeks) to 6 months: $400
- 6 months to 8 years (less than 20 pounds): $300
- 6 months to 8 years (greater than 20 pounds): $250
- 8 years and up: $150 or free for adopters aged 65+
- Kittens up to 6 months: $125
- Pair of kittens: $200
- 6 months to 8 years: $100
- 8 years and up: $75 or free for adopters aged 65+
- Please note: Kittens under five months of age must be adopted in pairs (unless there is another cat at home) or at the discretion of the cat program staff.
There’s no such thing as a “free pet.” Medical procedures performed by the animal shelter would cost well over $500 at an animal hospital. We never make a profit off of an adoption fee. Our adoption fees cover age-appropriate vaccinations, deworming, heartworm test (dogs over 6 months), FeLV test (cats), FIV test (cats and kittens over six months) microchip and spay/neuter.
Also included with each adoption is a “Newly Adopted Health Certificate” provided by Deerfield Animal Care Center which can be used within 7 days of adoption. This certificate is for a Free First Wellness exam at the walk-in clinic, 20% off the first grooming and 1 free night of boarding.
We accept cash or credit card at the time of adoption.
Yes, every dog and cat is spayed or neutered before an adoption is finalized.
You must be 21 or older to adopt with a valid government-issued ID.
Any person that lives in the house with a prospective adopter should meet the animal before it goes home. Also, if you are looking to adopt a dog and already have one or more at home, we need to do at least one onsite “meet and greet.” Please note that if you are coming in for a meet and greet with your dog, we highly encourage that your dog be current on vaccinations.
We do same day adoptions for approved applications.
Yes we adopt our of state to approved applicants.
Yes, we always take our animals back! This is also stated in the adoption contract.