Rules for Entry
- Poster Contest is open to students in 3rd, 4th, 5th & 6th grades in Illinois.
- Two divisions – one for 3rd and 4th grades and one for 5th and 6th grades.
- Posters shall not have been entered in any previous Optimist Contest and students are allowed to enter only one Optimist Club’s Poster Contest.
- Posters must be on poster or illustration board – 14” x 22” (horizontal or vertical) and have a flat surface with no moving parts.
- Posters shall include only original artwork. No computer-generated pictures or wording are allowed. Poster designs may not incorporate any photographs, magazine or newspaper illustrations.
- Dark colors show best, and markers, paints, crayons and colored paper all work well on posters.
- The Contest Slogan is: “Protect and Save Our Animal Friends”.
THESE WORDS MUST BE ON THE FRONT OF EACH POSTER.
Illustrations must be used in addition to words and must be related to the contest slogan.
- Entries must be submitted by Friday, April 14th at 5 PM by:
– By taking a picture of the poster and sending it to email@example.com.
– By bringing the poster to Heartland Animal Shelter, 586 Palwaukee Drive, Wheeling, where it will be displayed.
- The entry form with all information completed must be submitted at the same time.
- Winners will be notified by email or phone by May 5th.