Join our committed team of animal lovers!
Thank you for your interest in employment at Heartland Animal Shelter! When we have job openings they are listed below. If no employment opportunities are listed, we can always use dedicated volunteers!
Interested in one of the opportunities at Heartland?
Please send your resume to: email@example.com specifying the opportunity you are interested in.
Animal Care Attendant
The Animal Care Attendants are responsible for general upkeep of the shelter in addition to ensuring basic care of the animals which includes appropriate housing, access to food and clean water, cleanliness of living spaces, and their physical, emotional, and mental needs. We are looking for those interested in working with both cats and dogs.
Part Time: morning, evening and weekend shifts available
Pay: $14 to start
- Feed all shelter animals and monitor their food intake
- Check on the well-being of all animals and report concerns to medical team
- Administer medication to all animals needing it. This may include:
- Oral medication
- Ocular or aural drops and ointments
- Topical treatments
- Monitoring and reporting on behavior, medical issues, diet, etc.
- Clean all animal areas (cages, kennels, rooms, etc.)
- Clean building as needed including doing dishes, assisting with laundry, emptying garbage cans, etc.
- Restock supplies for dog kennel, cat rooms, etc. as needed
- Walk “staff only” dogs and clean “staff only” cats
- 1 year of animal handling experience is preferred
- Kindness and compassion toward animals include a low-stress, fear-free approach
- Positive attitude and the ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to lift 50+ lbs.
- All staff at Heartland is required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 and to wear masks inside the facility