Dog Adoption Application
Apply to adopt a dog from Heartland Animal Shelter.
Thank you for considering pet adoption and applying to adopt a dog from Heartland Animal Shelter! In order to adopt, applicants should:
- Be 21 years of age or older and a U.S. citizen,
- Have the consent of all adults living in the household,
- Have a valid state-issued ID,
- Have proof of current address, and
- Have a current lease or landlord’s name and phone number for verification that pets are allowed (for renters only).
Please Note: False or omitted information will result in an application being denied. Applications are considered with the best interests of the animals in mind and should not be construed as a reflection on the applicant. Heartland Animal Shelter reserves the right to approve or deny adoption applications for any reason.