The Heartland Young Professionals Board is Seeking New Members!
What is HYP?
The Heartland Young Professionals (HYP) associate board is a volunteer leadership group supporting Heartland’s greater mission of helping homeless cats and dogs find their forever homes. These emerging professionals tap into their personal and professional networks, leveraging their time and resources. Each of our HYP board members brings a unique perspective which enables Heartland to engage new and existing supporters.
What is HYP’s goal?
The goal of HYP is to advocate for the animals by spreading awareness while fundraising for Heartland Animal Shelter through media, planned events and targeted outreach. Since our very first event in December of 2018, HYP has raised over $64,000 for Heartland’s animals!
Is there a certain age range to join?
Young does not mean young in age but rather young in ideas! We have HYP members of all ages who work in a variety of professions with some who are students. We are a dynamic group that is always looking for ways to cater to all our different supporters.
Do I need to be a regular, on-site volunteer at Heartland to be a HYP member?
Not at all. Almost all of HYP’s fundraisers can be set up from anywhere, and we meet virtually through Zoom once a month, so there is no need to be onsite to participate in HYP.
What kinds of fundraising events does HYP host?
HYP puts on a variety of low to no cost, in-person and virtual fundraisers.
Here are just some examples of what we’ve done:
|Dine-to-donates with local restaurants
|Tie Dye Event
|Partnerships (DivvyUp Socks, Grounds & Hounds, etc.)
|Create the Heartland Calendar
|Online photo contests (i.e. Howl-o-ween)
|Peer-to-peer Fundraising (via Facebook)
|Wine and Cheese tastings
|Bingo Night at Arlington Ale House
|Valentine's Day Pet Photoshoot
HYP Member Requirements:
- Spearhead at least two fundraising initiatives (i.e. dine-to-donate, Facebook fundraiser, online contest, etc.) during each year of membership.
- Follow, actively promote and engage on posts related to HYP events on Heartland’s social media accounts.
- Attend at least 80% of monthly meetings and HYP events.
- Assist at the annual Golden Paw Gala by volunteering, acquiring a silent auction basket or live auction package, or by attending.
- Be willing to get creative and tap into your networks to raise funds to help save more dogs and cats.
Benefits of joining HYP:
- You get to build your interpersonal and time management skills participating in fundraisers and engaging with others.
- You get to meet fellow animal lovers who share your passion for wanting to help Heartland’s cats and dogs.
- You’ll get to network with individuals to build lifelong connections.
- You can help build your resume.
- You will make a difference in the lives of so many animals in need.
If you are interested in joining HYP, please fill out the application below. If you are unsure or still have questions, please email us.