Other Ways to Help
There are so many ways you can help the animals at Heartland Animal Shelter!
Whether you are a corporate or community group, an individual, or not old enough to volunteer with the animals just yet, there are still plenty of ways that you can make a difference at our shelter!
You can turn your special occasion into a fundraiser for the animals, organize a supply drive, shop on Amazon Smile, or shop on Adopt-a-Shelter!
Craftier individuals might want to hold a bake sale (of dog or human treats!) to raise money, make DIY shelter projects for the animals, or create drag leashes for our dogs!
We also have a vehicle donation program with CARS where your used car, boat, kayak, snowmobile, etc. can provide financial support for the animals! Contact us if you have any questions about donating through this program.
We are also open to hearing your unique and creative ideas!
Even if you can’t volunteer on-site we would still love to meet you in person, and we are happy to offer tours as a thank you for any donations! If you would like to arrange a tour please contact us to schedule your visit. Please note that any visitor under 18 must bring a waiver signed by a parent or guardian before touring the shelter. Waivers can be emailed when you schedule.
For group volunteering opportunities please contact us.
If you would like to donate a professional service – anything from grooming, IT, plumbing, and beyond – please contact us!
A great way to help the animals by celebrating birthdays, Bar and Bat Mitzvahs, anniversaries, graduations, holidays or just because you want to help those adorable furry faces that need a home!
This is also a fun way for community groups, Girl or Boy Scouts to complete service projects!
Here’s How It Works:
- Heartland is registered as a 501(c)(3) charity with MightyCause (formerly, Razoo) and Facebook. These giving sites make it simple for you to create a personal web page to celebrate your special occasion and raise funds in honor of the animals at Heartland Animal Shelter!
- Be sure to send your new web page link to your friends, family, colleagues – anyone you think will help you celebrate your special occasion in honor of the animals!
Wish List Supply Drive – Collect items from Heartland’s Wish List. Groups can produce fliers, collection boxes and a tally sheet or poster to track results.
Pet Food Drive – Collect bags, boxes and/or cans of high-quality pet food for dogs and cats. Groups can produce fliers, collection boxes and a tally sheet or poster to track results. Our biggest need is always canned cat and dog food.
Treat Drive – Collect treats for our cats and dogs and/or make homemade dog or cat treats. No catnip, please!
Toy Drive – Collect toys for our cats and dogs. Toys help keep shelter animals happy by giving them something to do. Our dogs love Kong and puzzle toys. Please no handmade toys or catnip.
Blanket/Towel Drive – Collect new and clean used blankets, towels and mats for the animals to cuddle with. Towels are also used for pet grooming. If your group decides to make blankets, please use fleece material because it is the most durable and the cats/kittens can not tear them with the risk of ingesting the treads.
Newspaper Drive – Heartland Animal Shelter uses newspapers for bedding in our cat and small dog cages. Groups can collect old newspapers and prepare them for use by removing the Ads and half-size sheets.
Collect Monetary Donations – Heartland Animal Shelter is always grateful for monetary donations to help pay for the supplies necessary to care for ~145 dogs/cats. Money raised goes directly to Heartland Animal Shelter.
How does it work?
- On the GoodSearch homepage, choose from thousands of organizations or add your favorite cause to our list.
- Search the Internet just like you normally would — the site is powered by Yahoo!, so you’ll get high-quality search results.
- Fifty percent of the revenue generated from the sponsored search advertisers is shared with the charity, school or nonprofit organization of your choosing.
- Good Search does not cost the user anything.
How much money would this generate for my charity or school?
Fifty percent of the revenue generated from the sponsored search advertisers on GoodSearch is shared with the charity, school or nonprofit organization of your choosing.
We estimate that each Web search will generate approximately $0.01 (image, video, Yellow Pages, and site-specific searches are not included). It quickly adds up! The more you use GoodSearch, the more money will be directed to us. There is no cap on how much money will be earned by Heartland.
Here’s How It Works:
- Heartland Animal Shelter is recognized as a non-profit organization by eBay!
- If you sell items on eBay, you can select Heartland to receive anywhere between 5%–100% of your auction’s proceeds